And you thought that playing fetch in the backyard is enough for your dog! A dog park is a park that is dedicated to dogs and their recreation. Just like humans, animals need free time also and they would love to have an entire day, or a few hours, to itself.
In case you are taking your ESA dog to the dog park, make sure that you have your emotional support dog letter with you. To obtain the letter, you will need to get in touch with a licensed practitioner or a genuine ESA letter provider.
But, before you head towards the dog park, make sure that you know everything about the basic rules and etiquette of the park. Some basic rules are given below.
1. You are taking your dog to the park so that he could socialize but if it is just a small pup then he will not be able to do it. So, wait for it to get older.
2. Take your dog to the park when there is less crowd and see if it is comfortable and happy to be there. If he shows signs of discomfort then skip the idea, at least for now.
3. Make sure that your dog is properly vaccinated before you take it to the park. There would be other dogs in the park also so think about their health also.
4. Do not leave your dog’s leash on when in the park. Take the leash off and let it play with other dogs.
5. Talking about other dogs, introduce your dog gradually to other dogs. Ask their owners of their dog is gentle with other pets before proceeding.
6. Keep your toddlers and small kids at home. Small kids could be easily trampled by other dogs plus, small kids may be prone to allergies. Therefore, keep them at home.
7. Do not bring food into the park. Remember, a dog will always be a dog and other dogs may not be as disciplined around food as yours.
8. Keep a close eye on your dog if you do not want to get it and yourself into some trouble. Dogs are notorious for getting fights and this is why it is important that you watch your dog closely.
9. In case your dog does his business in the park, be ready to clean up after it. Keep a handy scoop and trash bag with you so that you could clean the mess quickly.
10. If your dog is in ‘that’ part of the year then better to keep it at home. Dogs in heat should not be brought to the park in case they cause a fight among the other dogs also.
Having a dog is a great joy and seeing it enjoying itself and galloping in the park is quite a sight. But, make sure that you follow all the dog park rules to avoid any possible issues and also don't forget to get your free emotional support animal letter .